bckgnd

Saturday, July 21, 2012

I will understand the human brain.

Over this last week I have been swamped at work b/c of a number of reasons. One is that the week and a half before, it was like I had NO WORK AT ALL! Usually when bored out of my mind I tend to day dream and usually it is very hard to return to the present once I've begun. So during those very slow days to keep me from drifting off into space while waiting for something to load or something to save, I needed to do something keep me here on planet earth. Like any responsible adult would do in between games of Solitare and Sudoku on my Smart Phone I DOODLED. I didn't however pull out the color pencils this time, even though I have a set of them at work for such occasions.

Here are some of my Work Place Doodles:





Why they couldnt have given me some the work I received this week when I was so bored the weeks before, is beyond my comprehension. Now I have some deadlines during my mini vacation that is coming up. So instead I need to have them done even sooner. But it's okay, I got this. ;0)



Speaking of my mini vacation: I'm going to be spending a few days with my parents and my brother. They live way too far away....okay so it's only 3 hours, ahem, if you drive the speed limit. I am excited!
Did you notice the exclamation mark there? It's not that I don't ever get to see them, just don't get to see them often enough. (Mom and Zach are gonna love this last picture.)
Anyways I'm also excited because I'm taking my laptop with me and I'm gonna let my mom read, for the first time, what I have written so far on my book. She doesn't know this yet. Well she will when she reads my blog. I recently had the house all to myself when my Aunt Jane went to visit with my family and I got a lot of re-witing done. A lot of blanks filled in and at the moment I am 3 small changes away from being satisfied with my first 30 pages. That may not be such a great thing, and maybe for someone who has spent as much or as little time on it, maybe I should have more done. But I don't, so I have to be okay with what I have and strive to make it "mo' better."



Another reason I'm looking forward to my trip is this sweet <3.
She is blind in one eye and is getting on up there in age. I'd say she wouldn't hurt a fly but I'd be lying because she attacks bees and wasps or flies that come at her. But she is sooooooo sweet, and she loves unconditionally. She hates storms so when my parents visit they usually bring her with them but not always so I get to see my Sadie girl even less.


I am lucky because I am surrounded by family where I live and when I go to visit my parents I am surrounded by family there as well. Looking forward to seeing my Papa and my Uncle Craig, Aunt Rene, cousins Eden and Karis. I get to see them even less then my dog it seems.




I'm planning on taking lots of pictures and going to a drive in movie. My brother is on a bowling kick so we will probably do that a couple of times. There will probably be shopping and the consumption of really great food! My mom is a great cook after all (and my dad and brother really know how to grill! ;) ).


Speaking of food, tomorrow in Kids Church we will be measuring in Banana Meters. Yup, it is exactly what you are thinking. Each team will have a banana to use as a ruler to measure a list of 5 random things in our Kids Church.
What's the point?
I am so glad you asked! You see if the world measured in Banana Meters then measurements would be inaccurate. Not all bananas are the same size. Somethings just cannot be replaced. Just like you would not replace your hands with your shoes. Imagine carrying a glass of water if you had shoes for hands. Something that takes only 1 hand to do would need the attention of both. There is no substitute for God. He is the only true God, the only living God. (Jeremiah 10:10)
Need more proof?
Then read 1 Kings 18. Elijah knew God was the only real God, and he proved it.


"No one can know a person’s thoughts except that person’s own spirit, and no one can know God’s thoughts except God’s own Spirit." - 1 Corinthians 2:11

“My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the Lord.
“And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine." - Isaiah 55:8

"The Lord directs our steps, so why try to understand everything along the way?"
-  Proverbs 20:24

No comments:

Post a Comment