bckgnd

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

I will be rich!

In an effort to put a nice down payment on the car I want, a lemonade yellow Chevy Spark (the pic above), I've been saving money a little bit at a time. So when I found out that getting the alternator fixed on my current car as well as buying a part for a window that fell off its track and getting it fixed would cost me $500...I was both ticked and relieved. I'm relieved that I had the money to pay the bill, but it totally stinks that the money for my new car had to go toward my old car. Ever have to pay for something old when wanting and planning for something new? Well, it really stinks! Don't get me wrong its a nice car but it hasnt really been what I wanted since I left the lot with it. It's just depressing to spend more money on a car that soon wont belong to me, (I'm passing it along to my brother once they release the Spark).

While my car was at the shop, my 18 year old cousin bought a Dodge Charger. His parents were really smart with making him save Birthday & Christmas money for years so he was able to pay cash and leave with car keys and title in hand. Maybe, if I ever have kids, I'll do this for them as well.

So like any good manger of money would do after spending a chunk of savings,
I went shopping!
I know what you are thinking "How irresponsible!" but at least I went to Kmart instead of a store where I might really do some damage..like Kohls or Hobby Lobby. I don't know about you but Hobby Lobby really puts a hurting on my wallet!

Here is some of what my $80 bought me:


'Powder Room' Hand Soap Pump $6. Super cute, right?


Toothbrush/paste holder. $5


Paid $10 for these sandals!


Really cute shirt and cami: $30 



If I'm never rich, rolling in money here on earth, I know I'm rich in many more important things.

Here is what the Bible says about riches:


"We all come to the end of our lives as naked and empty-handed as on the day we were born. We can’t take our riches with us." Ecc. 5:15

"Don’t store up treasures here on earth, where moths eat them and rust destroys them, and where thieves break in and steal. Store your treasures in heaven, where moths and rust cannot destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be." Matthew 6:19-21

"Our hearts ache, but we always have joy. We are poor, but we give spiritual riches to others. We own nothing, and yet we have everything." 2 Cor. 6:10 (I think this is my favorite of the 3.)

No comments:

Post a Comment