bckgnd

Thursday, July 5, 2012

I will be a morning person.

"This is the day that the Lord has made; rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

I have really never liked this verse. my dad used to wake my brother and myself up shouting this verse, amongst other very loud things. I hate mornings. Well, I hate mornings, before 8 a.m. I really admire morning people...well from a distance. I wish I was one, but I'm much more of a night owl.

Usually in the mornings I'm grumpy and not fun to be around or drowsy and slow to respond and  some mornings my sarcasm filter shorts out on me. Either way its not pretty. This morning I had to get up at 5 a.m. This is a big deal for me because I usually get up closer to 7 o' clock. Even then I can use another hour if sleep.

My cousin slammed my car door the other day, while the window was down, and knocked the window off its track. I dropped my car off last night so they can work on it this morning. So since my very nice aunt, also not a morning person, cannot drive on base she dropped me off at my friend/coworker's house who goes into work very early. Why? Because she's crazy. Just kidding....you see, I can do that now that its 8:30. I really appreciate the ride because I am saving some very valuable vacation leave time. So I guess I better make the most of it and get back to work...

Just in case you aren't a morning person either here are some morning verses to help you wake up:

"Wake up, O sleeper, rise from the dead, & Christ will shine on you."
Ephesians 5:14

"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed. For his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22-23

Are you awake now?

No comments:

Post a Comment