bckgnd

Sunday, September 2, 2012

I will be an Efficient Multi-Tasker, maybe....

Lots going on around here lately & I cannot believe it has been so long since I last posted. Guess I'm not as good at multi-tasking as I thought I was. So it seems the most efficient way to keep you up to date with all the goings on...is this nifty little timeline:


numero uno:
Finally, my Parents are all
 
and here is how I feel about that:
 
 
 
 
Lots of BIRTHDAY CELEBRATING going on:
Started my Birthday out with this:

Cap'n Crunch's Peanut Butter Crunch with milk that doesn't expire until the day after my birthday....
It really is the little things in life.
 
My cousin and I share our birthday, with a 14 year gap between us. I am the oldest on that side of the family and she is the youngest, so I think it's pretty neat.  Here is a pic:
 Both of our moms were also August babies. Which brings us to the yummy Spaghetti party to celebrate and a lil Birthday Card Round-UP:
The first card was for my Aunt, the adorable T. Swift card for my little cousin, and the last was a gift from another Aunt to me. I love birthdays and birthday cards!
 
On my birthday, I took a vacation from work and spent the day with my family. On Wednesday, when I returned, this was hanging up in the office above my desk:
My co-workers are the best! ;)

 
 
I was definately a happy birthday girl!
 
 
For some time now I've been needing a sun to hang -up in my Kids Church room.
But not just any sun....a sun with some POP!
After much debate on how exactly to make my sun, I finally decided on this:
(With a little help from my mom!) I think it was a success and the kids seemed to really like it!
Super easy to make all you do is cut out a cardboard circle, roll up scrapbook paper from corner to corner and glue, then hot glue all the "rays" to the cardboard circle. Next cut out a smaller cardboard circle and cover with scrapbook paper and hot glue to the center of the "sun" in the front. Then attach a pretty ribbon for it to hang by, and viola!
 
 
and lastly, numero quatro:
 
We've been super busy @ church. Here are a couple of flyers I've made for our summer events. I really enjoy doing this kind of stuff. I'm cheap so I use Microsoft Publisher b/c Photoshop is expensive! 
I think they turned out well, to bad they were both printed in black and white. Ink isn't cheap either.
I blocked out some things I wasn't 100% keen on posting, I hope you'll understand.
 

 
Here are some Birthday related Bible verses, hope they can bless you on your birthday! :
"Lord, you are my hope. Lord, I have trusted you since I was young. I have depended on you since I was born; you helped me even on the day of my birth. I will always praise you. I am an example to many people, because you are my strong protection. I am always praising you; all day long I honor you." Psalm 71:5-8
"Let them praise the name of the Lord, for at his command they were created." Psalm 148:5
(there really is a Bible verse(s) for any situation)
 
Now give yourself a pat on the back for reading this entire post, it was a long one. You deserve a prize but like I said I'm cheap so a personal pat on the back will have to do.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment